what's the mechanism to update plug-ins when importing a new image?

what's the mechanism to update plug-ins when importing a new image?

speedinghong
take histogram window as an example,when launching no image exists,histogram shows nothing,when i open a  image,how can histogram knows that?what signal?who send it?

Re: what's the mechanism to update plug-ins whenimporting a new image?

In the case of the histogram, it listens to the WindowActivated signal
on DesktopServices. IF you want to know when a new data element is
created, you can listen to the ElementCreated signal on ModelServices.
This doesn't fire when the data is loaded, but before when the element
is created. If you want to know when the data is loaded, listen to that
signal then attach to DataModified on the RasterElement.

Re: what's the mechanism to update plug-ins whenimporting a new image?

Johnson, Todd
Is there a way to determine if the active / current animation controller
changes? I.e. if there are multiple animation controllers and the user
changes which one is active, is there anything I can attach to and be
notified? I have looked at AnimationServices and (in 4.5.0) I only see
ControllerCreated and ControllerDestroyed signals.

-Todd

Re: what's the mechanism to update plug-inswhenimporting a new image?

Johnson, Todd
My question has been answered: AnimationToolBar::ControllerChanged.

Is there a way to determine if the active / current animation controller
changes? I.e. if there are multiple animation controllers and the user
changes which one is active, is there anything I can attach to and be
notified? I have looked at AnimationServices and (in 4.5.0) I only see
ControllerCreated and ControllerDestroyed signals.

-Todd

This message and any enclosures are intended only for the addressee.
Please
notify the sender by email if you are not the intended recipient.  If
you are
not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disclose, or
distribute this
message or its contents or enclosures to any other person and any such
actions
may be unlawful.  Ball reserves the right to monitor and review all
messages

Re: what's the mechanism to update plug-inswhenimporting a new image?

The signal you are looking for exists on AnimationToolBar.

SIGNAL_METHOD(AnimationToolBar, ControllerChanged)

Re: what's the mechanism to update plug-inswhenimporting a new image?

If you are referring to the Qt connect(), PlugIns are not (necessarily) QObjects so you can’t connect() a plug-in. There are two signal/slot mechanisms in Options: the Qt connect() mechanism and the Opticks attach() mechanism. Aside from GUI events, most signal/slots use the Opticks method and this is what I was referring to in my previous message. Look in the Opticks documentation for Subject if you would like more information.

If you want to listen for all created elements in a plug-in then your plug-in has to be a “manager” plug-in. You can look at the ASPAM plug-ins for an example of this pattern. http://opticks.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opticks/trunk/future/Code/application/PlugIns/src/Aspam/

If you can explain more about your goal we may be able to suggest a simpler way to reach that goal as the above is fairly complicated to implement.

is there any global method to get the pointer of plug-ins (window resouce) to be used as signal receiver in connect function?some plug-ins are not created in applicationwindow

Re: what's the mechanism to update plug-inswhenimporting a new image?

speedinghong
here is what i want to do:i have created two plug-ins in the way of plot manager,not like those created in applicationwindow(new function).
As for one of my plug-ins,it needs two communications mechanism,one with opening new image,the other with my other plug-in(when i click a check box in a tree widget,let the other plug-in knows which is the choice).
what signals?how to listen?

Re: what's the mechanism to update plug-inswhenimporting a new image?

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say plug-ins created in
ApplicationWindow as there are no plug-ins created during app window
creation. It triggers certain plug-ins (usually importers) when you
click certain toolbar buttons, etc. but all plug-ins are created in
PlugInManager.

As for your signals, use the Opticks signals I mentioned in a previous
email to monitor DataElement creation from ModelServices. The other task
is probably best accomplished with Qt signals/slots since Qt already
generates the appropriate signals...I believe you would use the
QTreeWidget::itemActivated signal and look at the check state of the
item in your slot.

Re: what's the mechanism to update plug-inswhenimporting a new image?

speedinghong
This post was updated on .
i can get the pointer of the other plug-in DockWindow,and test to hide it and succeed
but how to get the qwidget pointer of the plug-in from DockWindow pointer?