is threadpool supported with boost libraries included in opticks?

is threadpool supported with boost libraries included in opticks?

speedinghong
i tried to add thread pool library to support my need in parallel computation,but some error came out
error C2039: “lock”: not a member of “boost::recursive_mutex” d:\opticks\4.4.x\dependencies\boost\boost\threadpool\detail\locking_ptr.hpp

or is there any other light plan for parallel computation?

Re: is threadpool supported with boost libraries included in opticks?

Trevor Clarke
I believe the issue is that structure may be part of a newer version of boost than Opticks is using. For fork/merge type parallel computation we've had success with a number of libraries which have varying degrees of overhead. (there is the opticks multithreaded algorithm stuff which is sometimes fairly easy to setup but only works well for certain types of algorithms...there are a number of examples in the standard Opticks plugins) We've also used OpenMP, Intel TBB, and Qt's map/reduce.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:36 AM, speedinghong <[hidden email]> wrote:
i tried to add thread pool library to support my need in parallel
computation,but some error came out
error C2039: “lock”: not a member of “boost::recursive_mutex”
d:\opticks\4.4.x\dependencies\boost\boost\threadpool\detail\locking_ptr.hpp

or is there any other light plan for parallel computation?

Computer Science House
Rochester Institute of Technology
[hidden email]
http://www.csh.rit.edu/~retrev/