importer affinity

John Tobe

I’m working on adding a new file type to the Graphical Load Tool for EIP and our old method of simply using the filename to determine the file type doesn’t work as two types now both use *XXX.h5.  I know I can could get an instance of each importer and call the get affinity methods, but it seems like there might be an easier and perhaps more generic way.  Any suggestions?

Re: importer affinity

That’s what I would do.

Depending on whether you need to know which Importer matched the file or not, you could use ImporterResource and set an importer name of “Auto Importer”.  This will obscure which Importer had the higher file affinity, but will do the same thing as you suggested.