Write a page class without using caching

Write a page class without using caching

Hotka, Michael

Hello…

I am trying to read image frames from disk and get these frames into Opticks for processing. I currently use a CachedPage and CachedPager classes to do this. I am trying to get away from using caching altogether.

Does anyone have any examples of a Page class you made that inherits from RasterPage and an associated Pager class that inherits from RasterPager, that doesn’t use caching, that you could share so I can get an idea of what to do in my new Page and Pager classes?

What I don’t understand is the connection that CachedPage has between my current Pager class, that inherits from CachedPager, and Opticks with respect to reading an image frame from disk and giving it to Opticks via the return from the fetchUnit method call via a CachedPage::UnitPtr. This lack of knowledge is preventing me from seeing how to implement my own Page and Pager classes.

Thank you for any help you might provide to help me see the connection and get my own Page and Pager classes implemented.

Mike

Re: Write a page class without using caching

Look at SampleRasterElementImporter and the documentation for RasterPager.

http://opticks.org/docs/sdk/latest-stable/d5/d20/classRasterPager.html

http://opticks.org/docs/sdk/latest-stable/howto_importer.html