Working for Opticks

divyanshu

I am second year student at NSIT, Delhi, India pursuing Bachelor of Engineering Course in Electronics And Communication. Being an engineering student and a programming enthusiast I would like to contribute to your project Opticks under Google Summer of Code. I have certain level of experience in programming in C/C++ and would be interested in learning new programming languages as required for your project.
Please guide me through the process as i am genuinely interested in the project.

Best Regards
Divyanshu Bandil

Re: Working for Opticks

Divyanshu,

Google Summer of Code 2011 has been announced, but organizations cannot apply yet.  Opticks does plan on applying again.  We participated last year and worked with two students.

You can see the results of their work:

http://opticks.org/confluence/display/opticksExt/GSoC+Project+Extension

http://opticks.org/confluence/display/opticksExt/SAR+processing+tools+plug-in

To get a sense of what projects you could work on, see

http://opticks.org/confluence/display/opticksDev/Google+Summer+of+Code

See http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/timeline for details on the timeline for Google Summer of Code this year.