Work summary for Week1

Vijay Ramakrishnan
I have more or less implemented the CFAR plug-in for Opticks.

I have two outstanding problems to resolve:

a) Opticks.exe keeps crashing after my plug-in processes an image, ie, I can see my processed image but Opticks.exe stops responding after that. The same problem happens when I "cancel" the plug-in when its processing the image.

b) I cannot implement my plug-in on some .tiff files. I tried to geo-reference the image yet it still does not work. I can only make the plug-in work with the default sample plug-ins given with the Opticks SDK package.

The github address for the source code is: https://github.com/vijay120/Ship-Detection-Applet-for-Opticks (Tutorial.dll for exe, cfar.cpp for source)

Regards
Vijay

Re: Work summary for Week1

Vijay,

I looked at your cpp:

https://github.com/vijay120/Ship-Detection-Applet-for-Opticks/blob/master/cfar.cpp

and I think I found what is causing the crash.  On line 130 you are passing the same data request to get a second data accessor.  When you pass a data request to RasterElement::getDataAccessor(DataRequest*) the RasterElement takes ownership of the request object, so by passing the same instance twice you will cause a double delete to occur later.  If you create a new request object for pAcc2, this should fix the double delete and hopefully your crash.