Wizard "Failure" Question

rgoffena

Hi all,

I have a wizard which seems to execute successfully, but when the wizard’s message log is expanded (in the Message Log Window) the last line of the wizard message log is red.

The last line also states there was a failure, but provides no reason.

Since my wizard has actually done what it was intended to do, how do I get the wizard to report success?

Thanks,

Robert Goffena
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
2875 Presidential Dr.

Fairborn, OH 45324-6269
Phone:  (937) 320-4096
Fax:  (937) 429-1687
Email:  [hidden email]

RE: Wizard "Failure" Question

dadkins
Administrator

Which plug-in is the last one to execute? If it is a custom plug-in, then it may be using a Step without finalizing it. The default behavior is to call finalize(Message::Failure) with the default error message (which, if not set, is an empty string).

Hope this helps,

Dustan

RE: RE: Wizard "Failure" Question

rgoffena

You are correct.  I am using a StepResource, and I incorrectly thought the StepResource would perform the finalize as successful automatically.  I am now invoking the StepResource’s finalize method at the end of the plugin, and the MessageLog reports a success as expected.

Now that I think about it, it makes sense that the StepResource would finalize with error by default.  If the method declaring the StepResource terminates abnormally (ie: exception thrown), the StepResource can report a failure.