When I clicked the "Generate Full Image" action in toolbar,The Opticks will crash!

When I clicked the "Generate Full Image" action in toolbar,The Opticks will crash!

WestSun
Why? And how to solve it?

Best wishes!

Re: When I clicked the "Generate Full Image" action in toolbar, The Opticks will crash!

I'm not sure why it's crashing but that just forces a recalculation of
all the image tiles.

Re: When I clicked the "Generate Full Image" action in toolbar, The Opticks will crash!

WestSun
I think i found the statement let opticks crash.

I imported a image file into Opticks first,and zoom in or zoom out the view,then clicked the "Generatr Full Image" Action, the Opticks crashed.

I found when Opticks run to this statement ("result = waitForThreadsToComplete();",
MultiThreadedAlgorithm.h---Line:820) and can't continue.

Re: When I clicked the "Generate Full Image" action in toolbar, The Opticks will crash!

WestSun
My operating system is Windows XP  32Bit

Re: When I clicked the "Generate Full Image" action in toolbar, The Opticks will crash!

That statement performs a join on the threads which calculate the tiles.
It will appear to hang until those threads complete. You can look in
Tools->Options and find a setting to control the maximum number of
threads Opticks will start for tile generation. Set it to 1 and see if
you still get a crash.

WestSun
I set "Tools->Options->Session->General->Multi-threading->Worker Threads"  to 1,And also get crash!

Re: When I clicked the "Generate Full Image" action in toolbar, The Opticks will crash!

WestSun
This post was updated on .
To solve this problem, I change the function("Image::generateAllFullResTextures()",in Code/Application/Gui/GLView/Image.cpp file) like following:

void Image::generateAllFullResTextures()
{
   if (mpTiles == NULL)
   {
      return;
   }

   std::vector<Tile*>::const_iterator ppTile;
   vector<Tile*> tileToUpdate;
   vector<unsigned int> zoomIndex;
   for (ppTile = mpTiles->begin(); ppTile != mpTiles->end(); ++ppTile)
   {
      VERIFYNRV(*ppTile != NULL);
      if ((*ppTile)->isTextureReady(0) == false)
      {
         tileToUpdate.push_back(*ppTile);
         zoomIndex.push_back(0);
      }
   }
   if (tileToUpdate.empty() == false)  //I add it
   {
                updateTiles(tileToUpdate, zoomIndex);
   }
}

Can i add this statement?

Re: When I clicked the "Generate Full Image" action in toolbar, The Opticks will crash!

dadkins
Administrator
I looked into this more, and it looks like MultiThreadedAlgorithm hangs
if called with threadCount of 0. In this case, any images which have
already had all of their textures generated at full resolution will
cause the hang you are seeing. What you have is a fine workaround for
the time being, and I would also like to fix MTA to not hang in this
scenario and to instead return SUCCESS when called in this way.

I have entered an issue for this in our bug tracker [1].

Thanks,
Dustan

[1]: https://issues.opticks.org/jira/browse/OPTICKS-1454

[...]

Can i do this?