Use Outside of US and Automated Mosaic Question

Use Outside of US and Automated Mosaic Question

Daniel S Hahn

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about Opticks.  I search the website but couldn't find answers.

  • Is Opticks approved for use by foreign user (non US)?
  • Does Opticks provide command line interface or API to run mosaicking by application?  I have requirement for to run mosaicking in the background without operator input.
Thanks!

Re: Use Outside of US and Automated Mosaic Question

Trevor Clarke
Opticks is open source. Anyone can download and use it. As for
mosaicing, opticks isn't really a geoint tool (it's more focused on
measurement and processing) so there isn't much of a mosaic tool.
There is the ability to stitch data together if they have
geocoordinates but it's only a basic 3 point fit and affine transform
so the data needs to be somewhat aligned and in the same projection
already. This can be run via a wizard from the command line. (look in
the documentation at the wizard tutorial)

On 9/25/15, Daniel S Hahn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a couple of questions about Opticks.  I search the website but
> couldn't find answers.
>
>       Is Opticks approved for use by foreign user (non US)?
>       Does Opticks provide command line interface or API to run mosaicking
>       by application?  I have requirement for to run mosaicking in the
>       background without operator input.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dan Hahn
> Raytheon Company