Updating RasterElements

Lindsey, Portland

I have a RasterElement displayed in a PseudoColorLayer that I update after it’s been created and displayed. Sometimes the layer that displays the RasterElement updates, sometimes it does not. I have been unable to narrow down in my code what I am doing that causes the layer to update versus when it doesn’t. Is there a particular function I can call on a layer that will cause it to update based on the current state of the underlying RasterElement?

RE: Updating RasterElements

You can call RasterElement::updateData() which will notify the PsuedoColorLayer that it needs to perform a redraw.  Calling updateData() is your way of saying that the data in the cube has changed.

RE: Updating RasterElements

You can call RasterElement::updateData() which will inform any interested parties that the underlying data of the RasterElement has changed.  PsuedocolorLayer should be listening to this and will perform a redraw for you.