Undefined HDF5 symbol

Hotka, Michael

Hello…

I am getting “unresolved external symbol” on H5T_STD_U64LE and H5T_NATIVE_USHORT. The code compiles with these symbols but doesn’t link. I have included the 4 hdf5 libraries in Opticks/4.11.0/Toolkit/Dependencies/64/lib of hdf5dll, hdf5_hldll, hdf5_cppdll and hdf5_hl_cppdll. The link error persists.

I am trying to do a h5dread call, and this is the mem_type_id, the second parameter of the h5dread call.

What do I need to do to get beyond this link error?

Thank you in advance.

Mike

Re: Undefined HDF5 symbol

Are you including the hdf5 VS property sheets? I believe there are some compile defines that are needed to make the hdf5 stuff work (it defines some of the datatypes and sets up the external symbols properly). I believe the define that usually causes problems if it isn’t available is _HDF5USEDLL_

Re: Undefined HDF5 symbol

Hotka, Michael

Hello…

That did it. Thank you so much for your help.

Mike