Row and column objects in AOIs

I'm addressing an issue related to dimension objects (row and column
objects) in AOIs. Currently, there isn't a way for a plug-in to
determine the rows selected except to convert to a bitmask then
rasterize the bitmask back to vector objects. There are two ways I can
address this problem and I'd like some feedback soon. I plan on
implementing this next week so I'd like feedback before Tuesday (Dec 7).

1) Currently, when a user adds new rows/cols to an aoi, they are added
to a single dimension object with multiple values. I can modify the GUI
so a new object is created for each click. This means a plug-in can
iterate row or column objects and check the bounding box for the info
needed. This does not address AOIs which are loaded from disk and
contain multiple rows/cols in a single object already, it just prevents
the user from creating these multi-dimension objects.

2) I can add an accessor to DimensionObject which returns a vector of
the row/column numbers (this vector already exists in the Imp object, I
just need to make it available in the API). This will require plug-ins
to iterate all row/column objects and all rows/columns in each of those
objects.

There is also another problem where a user can't easily create multiple
row/columns objects in an AOI. For example:

Add an AOI
Select the Row tool
Click a few rows which adds them to a single Row object.
The only way to add a 2nd row object is to change the AOI tool to
something else then switch back to the Row tool.

Solution #1 above solves this problem. If I implement solution #2 I
would also have the double click action on the row/column tools close
out the current object so the next click would create a new row/column
object. This behaviour is consistent with the Point tool behaviour.

------------------
Trevor R.H. Clarke
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp
Opticks, Free Your Imagery (http://opticks.org)
GPG key available on random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de

RE: Row and column objects in AOIs

I forgot to include the JIRA issue. It's OPTICKS-1008

[...]

This message and any enclosures are intended only for the addressee.
Please
notify the sender by email if you are not the intended recipient.  If
you are
not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disclose, or
distribute this
message or its contents or enclosures to any other person and any such
actions
may be unlawful.  Ball reserves the right to monitor and review all
messages

RE: Row and column objects in AOIs

I slightly prefer option #2.