Re: Participation in GSoC -2015

sandeep kumar

Hi,

    I am sandeep from IIIT Hyderabad. I am pursuing MS by Research in the field of Spatial Informatics. I have collaborated with gvSIG as part of GSoC - 2013 on the idea "Add Raster Format to Scripting in gvSIG" [1] under the guidance of Joaquin del cerro.

    I would like to participate in GSoC - 2015 by working on the idea "Image Enhancement / Background Suppression". I have experience in image processing techniques. Moreover, my MS work is about Object Based Image Analysis. I need guidance to get more idea about the problem.

Note: I am also trying to work on one idea from gvSIG and GDAL. I am just exploring the ideas that are more close to my work.

Thanks,
Sandeep Kumar,
MS by Research,
Lab for Spatial Informatics,
IIIT Hyderabad.

Re: Participation in GSoC -2015

This is a fairly open topic with a number of simple and more complex possibilities. Some possible image resolution enhancement techniques include a number of wavelet methods, temporal principle component/independent components techniques, factor analysis, DCT methods, and drizzle. You should be able to find a number of papers and tutorials on these methods in google scholar or your favorite academic search engine. Most of these techniques work best with video data and are essentially change detection methods and remove the data that isn’t changing. Since these are used extensively in video compression you’ll likely find some useful techniques in that area as well.