RasterElementImporterShell::parseInputArgList error

RasterElementImporterShell::parseInputArgList error

Verhoff, Steven

I have changed my importer to generate top level data descriptor with lower level data descriptors that appear in the tree view of the importer options dialog. Now, when I call the base class, Hdf5ImporterShell, to parse the input argument list, it fails to get the raster element. However, my parseInputArgList() method does not have any problems in getting the raster element argument.

Any help is appreciated,

Steven A. Verhoff

Software Engineer

Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.

Systems Engineering Solutions

(937) 320-7035

RE: RasterElementImporterShell::parseInputArgList error

This could be related to the fact that RasterElementImporterShell assumes that the argument named Importer::ImportElementArg(), ie. “Import Element” is a RasterElement.  If that argument is of a different type, the RasterElementImporterShell::parseInputArgList() method will fail with an error.  Is this your problem?

RE: RE: RasterElementImporterShell::parseInputArgList error

Verhoff, Steven

The element type in the getInputSpecification() method is “DataElement”. However, a “RasterElement” type is a “DataElement” type. I am guessing the RasterElementImporterShell requires the input argument type in the getInputSpecification() method for “Import Element” must be “RasterElement”?

Thanks,

Steven A. Verhoff

Software Engineer

Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.

Systems Engineering Solutions

(937) 320-7035

This could be related to the fact that RasterElementImporterShell assumes that the argument named Importer::ImportElementArg(), ie. “Import Element” is a RasterElement.  If that argument is of a different type, the RasterElementImporterShell::parseInputArgList() method will fail with an error.  Is this your problem?

RE: RE: RE: RasterElementImporterShell::parseInputArgList error

Yes, it requires the PlugInArg::getType() to exactly be “RasterElement” because RasterElementImporterShell is using the templated version of PlugInArgList::getPlugInArgValue<RasterElement>().