Questions about the idea of PCL processing algorithms for Google summer of Code.

Questions about the idea of PCL processing algorithms for Google summer of Code.

Angela

Hi :

My name is Yi Zhang ,a graduate student, and I’m specialized in remote sensing, mostly about image processing. I am interested in the idea of PCL Processing Algorithms. I really appreciate if any mentor can tell me what specific algorithm this project is going to use. And I’d like to know if one should program all algorithms needed such as segmentation, classification, and registration or just focused on one of them such as classification, because any point cloud data processing issue would have several algorithms to solve.

Thanks a lot.

Yi ZHANG

Re: Questions about the idea of PCL processing algorithms for Google summer of Code.

Glad you are interested! I’ll point you to an earlier email response to a similar question.

http://sourceforge.net/p/opticks/mailman/message/32074020/

In short, it’s up to you which algorithms you make available but I listed a few useful categories in the above link.