Problem in using Spectral library matching tool

Problem in using Spectral library matching tool

vishal tiwari
Hey,
I am having some troubles in using the spectral library matches tool in spectral processing extension. To use this i am following this method:

- Creating AOIs from the raster image.
- Then in edit Spectral library, i add the AOIs in the spectral library.
- then i make a new AOI as target signatures, but when i select "find spectral library match for each pixel in the AOI" its giving me this errror: "Raster element doesn't contain sufficient wavelength information".

can someone help me on this?
thanks and kind regards,

--
Vishal Tiwari
Undergraduate

Re: Problem in using Spectral library matching tool

The tool works with spectral matching algorithms which require wavelengths. If you’re using MSI data, it’s pretty easy to add them manually. Either in the Wavelengths tab in the Import Options dialog or in the raster element’s properties (Elements tab in the session explorer) you’ll see a wavelength table for the bands. It’s likely blank at this point. You’ll need to enter center wavelengths (start and end wavelengths aren’t needed for most of the algorithms). We’ve compiled wavelengths for some popular MSI sensors here: http://opticks.org/confluence/display/opticksDev/Sensor+Wavelength+Definitions

If you have an HSI dataset it can be more difficult to enter a couple hundred values so you can create a wavelength file using python, excel, etc. The most simple format is just a text file with one column and a row for each band in your data. A floating point number indicates the wavelength center for that band. It will attempt to figure out your units based on the magnitude of the value (i.e. 0.5 is probably micrometers, 500.0 is probably nanometers, and 25000.0 is probably wave numbers). Save it with a .wave extension. In the Wavelengths tab of the properties, you can hit Load and select you file. The other format is XML based. I attaching a sample XML for Worldview 2.

Worldview2_MSI-v1.wmd (814 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Problem in using Spectral library matching tool

vishal tiwari
Thanks tclarke,
I was using MSI and was able to find the spectral matches for an AOI. I see that SAM algorithm is used for spectral matching.
These are what i am thinking how to integrate the Spectral Library Match Tool:

1. Currently the result of spectral matches are shown in the result window and shows the elements that matches the target AOI or pixels, along with the spectral angle value. So a possible integration could be to show the target AOI with signatures in the evaluation tools like histogram, scatter plots.

2. Other extension could be Mean plots of the signature, an extension to the signature window. Where multiple signatures can be shown in the same window.

What do u think about it?
I will update the proposal accordingly.
Thanks and kind regards,

On 25 April 2013 18:30, Clarke, Trevor <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I think these are reasonable integrations. Since understanding and modifying the existing code can be a bit difficult for new developers, you can develop the capability separately but design it so that you can integrate into the existing GUIs later. If there’s time near the end of GSoC (or after GSoC) you can work on the integrations. This might involve additional columns in the result window with additional information (such as the various distance functions) and the ability to launch the plots from the context menu in the result window. Also, I’d like to see the icons/menu items for your tool in similar locations to the current match tools (on the Spectral toolbar, etc.)

I am having some troubles in using the spectral library matches tool in spectral processing extension. To use this i am following this method:

- Creating AOIs from the raster image.

- Then in edit Spectral library, i add the AOIs in the spectral library.

- then i make a new AOI as target signatures, but when i select "find spectral library match for each pixel in the AOI" its giving me this errror: "Raster element doesn't contain sufficient wavelength information".

can someone help me on this?

thanks and kind regards,

--

Vishal Tiwari

Undergraduate

Computer Science and Engineering

Lab for Spatial Informatics

IIIT-Hyderabad

This message and any enclosures are intended only for the addressee.  Please

notify the sender by email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you are

may be unlawful.  Ball reserves the right to monitor and review all messages