Passing List of Files to Opticks

Overholser, Jon

Hello,

Is there a way to pass in a batchwiz file into opticks that contains a list of files to import?  I recall there is but I don’t remember how to do it.  I tried using the wizard builder but I didn’t see any reference to the auto importer.  I’m calling Opticks using a custom URL protocol from SharePoint and I’m trying to determine the best way to pass in the files to import.  You can use MIME types but that requires downloading the files to the client.  If you follow the IOTS pattern and assume the files are on a network share I can then pass the full filenames to Opticks.

It would be nice if Opticks could read a file that contains the command line arguments.

Thanks,

Jon Overholser

Applied Information Sciences

2661 Commons Blvd. Beavercreek, Ohio 45431

Office: (937) 427-4296 Mobile: (937) 938-0857

[hidden email]

http://www.appliedis.com/

Re: Passing List of Files to Opticks

rgoffena

“tried using the wizard builder but I didn’t see any reference to the auto importer.”

I think the Import Data Set wizard item accepts a vector of filenames.

Robert Goffena

Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.

2875 Presidential Dr. Fairborn, OH 45324-6269

Phone:  (937) 320-4096

Re: Passing List of Files to Opticks

You can skip batchwiz files.  Once you have the full filenames, simply pass them to the Opticks executable.

Opticks.exe [file 1] [file 2] [file 3]

When Opticks starts up it will load all 3 files listed.  If the web browser isn’t providing filesystem paths, you’ll have to write a helper app to download them and convert them into filesystem paths.

If you need to do more with the files than import them, then you would need to go to the batchwiz route.  Let me know if you need more details.

I agree it could be useful to add the capability to parse the command line arguments from a file, could you put an enhancement into JIRA?