Opticks rpm's

pjduplooy
Hi guys

I just would like to find out what happened to the Opticks binary rpm's?  Are they still available?

I have an older rpm, and was wondering if they have been updated.

Pieter

Re: Opticks rpm's

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi,

I would be interested to host Opticks rpm builds in Open Build Service [1].
Are there any recent spec files to start with?

Cheers,
Angelos

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=Application%3AGeo

On 04/13/2013 01:24 PM, Pieter du Plooy wrote:
Hi guys

I just would like to find out what happened to the Opticks binary rpm's?
Are they still available?

I have an older rpm, and was wondering if they have been updated.

Pieter

Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory
National Technical University of Athens
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Opticks rpm's

Trevor Clarke
We generally build deb's and convert to rpm so we don't have a spec. I do have one I recently cobbled together to generate a slightly better rpm but it does not build from source (you have to hand build then the spec just pulls the appropriate binaries into an RPM).

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Angelos Tzotsos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I would be interested to host Opticks rpm builds in Open Build Service [1].
Are there any recent spec files to start with?

Cheers,
Angelos

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=Application%3AGeo

On 04/13/2013 01:24 PM, Pieter du Plooy wrote:
Hi guys

I just would like to find out what happened to the Opticks binary rpm's?
Are they still available?

I have an older rpm, and was wondering if they have been updated.

Pieter

Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory
National Technical University of Athens
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Computer Science House
Rochester Institute of Technology
[hidden email]
http://www.csh.rit.edu/~retrev/

Re: Opticks rpm's

Angelos Tzotsos
Well, that would be a start too.

On 04/13/2013 10:24 PM, Trevor Clarke wrote:
[...]

our toolset for easy data analysis & visualization. Get a free account!http://www2.precog.com/precogplatform/slashdotnewsletter

Opticks-devs mailing [hidden email]

--
Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory
National Technical University of Athenshttp://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory
National Technical University of Athens
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Opticks rpm's

I’m working on getting the 4.11.0 rpm on the website. Here’s the specfile used to generate it. We use the normal build system (scons) to generate the binaries then build the /opt/Opticks install tree by hand then build the RPM from that. The proper layout can be seen in the .deb (or the existing rpm once I get it uploaded to the website)

specfile.spec (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Opticks rpm's

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi,

I am trying to find build instructions for Linux, without success.
Can you please point me to how the deb gets generated?

Thanks,
Angelos

[hidden email] [hidden email] wrote:

		 Hi,

		I would be interested to host Opticks rpm builds in Open
Build Service [1].
		Are there any recent spec files to start with?

		Cheers,
		Angelos

		[1]
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=Application%3AGeo

		On 04/13/2013 01:24 PM, Pieter du Plooy wrote:

		Hi guys

		I just would like to find out what happened to the
Opticks binary rpm's?
		Are they still available?

		I have an older rpm, and was wondering if they have been
updated.

		Pieter

------
		Precog is a next-generation analytics platform capable
of advanced
		analytics on semi-structured data. The platform includes
APIs for building
		apps and a phenomenal toolset for data science.
Developers can use
[...]

You can follow the Solaris instructions as they are mostly the same. In short:

cd Dependencies; ./retrieve-dependencies.sh

cd Code; ./build.py –d `pwd`/../Dependencies --mode=release --build-opticks=core

To generate the rpm, there are a few steps:

cd Release/Installation

cd > alien

#!/bin/sh

exit 0

^D

ln  alien dpkg-deb

scons OPTICKSDEPENDENCIES=`pwd`/../../Dependencies

cd PackageOutput

mkdir opticks-4.11.0-x86_64

tar zcvf ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/foo.tgz

rpmbuild –bb specfile.spec

Re: Opticks rpm's

Angelos Tzotsos
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the instructions.
The problem I see here is that OpenBuildService (OBS) does not have
network access during rpm creation in chroot (build included)
So we would need to have the dependencies in the build system. OBS
already has packages for most common development libraries (qt, gdal
etc). An other option would be to have an archive with dependencies
included.

Angelos

On 04/15/2013 06:30 PM, Clarke, Trevor wrote:

> You can follow the Solaris instructions as they are mostly the same. In
> short:
>
> cd Dependencies; ./retrieve-dependencies.sh
>
> cd Code; ./build.py -d `pwd`/../Dependencies --mode=release
> --build-opticks=core
>

> To generate the rpm, there are a few steps:
>
> cd Release/Installation
>
> cd > alien
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> exit 0
>
> ^D
>
> ln  alien dpkg-deb
>
> scons OPTICKSDEPENDENCIES=`pwd`/../../Dependencies
>
> cd PackageOutput
>
> mkdir opticks-4.11.0-x86_64
>
> tar zcvf ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/foo.tgz
>
> rpmbuild -bb specfile.spec

That is why we are not currently built by any of the distros. The
current system requires use of our library builds and they are quite
large (1gb for a full download). We are in the process of generating a
cmake based build system which will allow use of system libraries for
most of the dependencies (there are still a couple with local
modifications which require our builds). You can try out the cmake
system if you'd like (we appreciate feedback) by checking it out here:
https://opticks.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opticks/branches/future/OPTI
CKS-1177/trunk

The problem I see here is that OpenBuildService (OBS) does not have
network access during rpm creation in chroot (build included)
So we would need to have the dependencies in the build system. OBS
already has packages for most common development libraries (qt, gdal
etc). An other option would be to have an archive with dependencies
included.

Angelos

On 04/15/2013 06:30 PM, Clarke, Trevor wrote:
> You can follow the Solaris instructions as they are mostly the same.
In

> short:
>
> cd Dependencies; ./retrieve-dependencies.sh
>
> cd Code; ./build.py -d `pwd`/../Dependencies --mode=release
> --build-opticks=core
>

> To generate the rpm, there are a few steps:
>
> cd Release/Installation
>
> cd > alien
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> exit 0
>
> ^D
>
> ln  alien dpkg-deb
>
> scons OPTICKSDEPENDENCIES=`pwd`/../../Dependencies
>
> cd PackageOutput
>
> mkdir opticks-4.11.0-x86_64
>
> tar zcvf ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/foo.tgz
>
> rpmbuild -bb specfile.spec

Thanks Trevor,

Moving to CMake is a very good solution.
I will try this branch

Cheers,
Angelos