Opticks on OSX

I did a little poking around last night and tried to compile trunk/future on OSX (mavericks). I disabled chunks of code (NITF, HTTP serving, etc.) and put in a quite a few hacks to get it to compile the core (not plug-ins yet). There are a number of issues preventing a clean compile due to xcode using clang instead of gcc. I'm having trouble getting opticks to startup now due to library and framework conflicts such as different names for the same symbols in the system versions of libraries (libjpeg, libtiff) and brew/manually compiled versions.

My current assessment is that a number of code changes are needed for a clang compile and the framework/library issues is not likely to be easy to solve with the current build system. Using cmake and xcode might make some of this a bit easier but the cmake branch is out of date currently. If I have some more time I might try the cmake branch and see if I have any luck there.

For the time being, I'd suggest boot camp or a VM with linux for Mac users.