Opticks 4.2.1 and 4.2.1rc2

Yesterday, we found two problems with OPTICKS-106 that result in fairly regular crashes if you add animation speeds in "Tools\Options...".  This means that a 4.2.1rc2 is probably forthcoming unless everyone thinks these problems are minor enough that we should forge ahead.  In general, before I start a 4.2.1rc2 I would like everyone to take a harder look at rc1 to see if any other problems shake out.  I would really like to avoid having to create a rc3 as a follow up.  Can everyone please take a look at rc1 today, specifically plug-in developers if you have time and let us know if you find any showstopper type problems in rc1.

I'll be out at OSCON next week in Portland, OR so if we want to keep to the original 4.2.1 schedule I'll need to create rc2 at the end of this week.  Reminder that most of the committers are on IRC chat today (irc://chat.freenode.net/#opticks), so we can take this discussion over there if that's easier for everyone.

[...]

RE: Opticks 4.2.1 and 4.2.1rc2

We found an additional crash yesterday, OPTICKS-191.  We currently have fixes written that are being integrated.  The current plan is to start creation of 4.2.1rc2 tomorrow and have it released by COB 7/18/08.  I would still appreciate any effort by others to look at rc1 to make sure there aren’t any other major problems lurking around.

[...]

Since I emailed last, we had two more problems that were identified.  The first was OPTICKS-197 which would result in a crash or bad data being returned when using CachedPager.  The second was OPTICKS-43 which deals with region selection in histogram plots.  There wasn't a crash here, mainly a failure to fix the original bug which we attempted to fix in 4.2.1rc1.  The plan is to start the 4.2.1rc2 rollup today, which means 4.2.1rc2 should be released no later than COB Monday, July 21st.  The original schedule for the 4.2.1 release hasn't changed yet.