OPTICKS-141

Considine, Michael

I am asking for input into issue OPTICKS-141. The issue states “When loading a dataset that contains multiple datasets the status bar always displays the dataset name of the first dataset”.

 I’ve tried everything that I can think of and I believe that it is operating correctly. I can only guess that “the dataset name” is the name displayed in the Results Layer Value Field. This name is intended to be the name of the top-most result layer. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

RE: OPTICKS-141

Tim Harris-4
I didn't enter this Opticks issue, but the general idea is this:

One file contains multiple raster datasets. The associated importer provides an import descriptor for each raster dataset. The raster datasets are all loaded into the same spatial data view and arranged such that each animation is separate but adjacent in time. As you animate through the datasets, each raster layer shows and hides as its animation becomes valid, plays through, then ends.

The name of the dataset displayed in the status bar is always the first dataset that was loaded. I assume this is because the first dataset becomes the primary raster element for that spatial data view. This gets a little confusing if the name of the dataset in the status bar isn't the currently visible dataset in the spatial data view.

RE: RE: OPTICKS-141

Considine, Michael

The field in the status bar that contains the name is the top-most results layer that is not hidden. A Results Layer may be a raster, threshold, or pseudocolor layer, but it is not the primary raster layer. Information about the primary raster layer follows the Results Layer information on the status bar.

If the top-most results layer is hidden, the value for the next visible results layer appears in the status bar. The scenario you described should work the way that you want it to work. Are you certain that the layers are being hidden? I can’t think of any other reason it wouldn’t be working.

Thanks,

Michael

I didn't enter this Opticks issue, but the general idea is this:

One file contains multiple raster datasets. The associated importer provides an import descriptor for each raster dataset. The raster datasets are all loaded into the same spatial data view and arranged such that each animation is separate but adjacent in time. As you animate through the datasets, each raster layer shows and hides as its animation becomes valid, plays through, then ends.

The name of the dataset displayed in the status bar is always the first dataset that was loaded. I assume this is because the first dataset becomes the primary raster element for that spatial data view. This gets a little confusing if the name of the dataset in the status bar isn't the currently visible dataset in the spatial data view.

RE: RE: RE: OPTICKS-141

Johnson, Todd

The layers are not being “shown” and “hidden” in the Opticks sense. Rather, the animation sets them to a valid or invalid band, causing them to be drawn or not drawn respectively.

Todd Johnson
Ball Aerospace
937-320-4190

I didn't enter this Opticks issue, but the general idea is this:

One file contains multiple raster datasets. The associated importer provides an import descriptor for each raster dataset. The raster datasets are all loaded into the same spatial data view and arranged such that each animation is separate but adjacent in time. As you animate through the datasets, each raster layer shows and hides as its animation becomes valid, plays through, then ends.

The name of the dataset displayed in the status bar is always the first dataset that was loaded. I assume this is because the first dataset becomes the primary raster element for that spatial data view. This gets a little confusing if the name of the dataset in the status bar isn't the currently visible dataset in the spatial data view.

RE: RE: RE: RE: OPTICKS-141

Considine, Michael

Is this a bug in Opticks? The next layer’s name and information can be displayed by setting the layer above it to hidden.

Michael

I didn't enter this Opticks issue, but the general idea is this:

One file contains multiple raster datasets. The associated importer provides an import descriptor for each raster dataset. The raster datasets are all loaded into the same spatial data view and arranged such that each animation is separate but adjacent in time. As you animate through the datasets, each raster layer shows and hides as its animation becomes valid, plays through, then ends.

The name of the dataset displayed in the status bar is always the first dataset that was loaded. I assume this is because the first dataset becomes the primary raster element for that spatial data view. This gets a little confusing if the name of the dataset in the status bar isn't the currently visible dataset in the spatial data view.

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: OPTICKS-141

Considine, Michael

I think that this issue should be closed since there have been no more comments and it appears to be operating as designed.