Mentoring and Project Ideas for GSoC 2015

Mentoring and Project Ideas for GSoC 2015

Bhavana Gannu
Hello everyone,

I am Bhavana Gannu, a 4th year Dual Degree student of International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad (IIIT H) working under Dr.K.S.Rajan at Lab for Spatial Informatics. I am looking for a project for GSoC 2015.

My areas of interest are Spatial Image Processing. I have worked on sub-classification of spatial data in the past. I am currently working on other classification methods.

I would like to learn more about PDAL Point cloud data importer and Point cloud histogram support. I am willing to work on these in the future.

My Skill set includes: C, C++, Java, Python, MATLAB, OpenGL, JavaScript, MySql

I am looking forward for more guidance on these projects.

Regards,
Bhavana Gannu
IIIT Hyderabad

Re: Mentoring and Project Ideas for GSoC 2015

We’re glad you are showing interest but it’s not yet time for GSoC 2015 activities. Mentor organizations have  not even submitted applications yet. You are looking at the GSoC 2014 page. While Opticks will likely apply to mentor again this year (under OSGEO) we aren’t sure if we’ll be accepted for participation. If you are interested in the project, you can begin looking at Opticks and learn more about it. You will find the GSoC schedule for 2014 here: https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2015

Of note, the list of mentor organizations will not be available until March 2 and the student application period does not open until March 16.