How to enable STDOUT and STDERR

Hotka, Michael

Hello…

We use Opticks to interface with a Plugin. I am using QT Creator to start my Opticks Plugin in a debug mode. I cannot see output from the Opticks debug session when I do something like a printf, fprintf, etc to STDOUT or STDERR.

I tried to use the bat file redirections for STDOUT and STDERR which didn’t seem to effect seeing the output from the printf, fprintf.

Any thoughts as to how I can see debug error messages outside of Opticks, either in a debug Application Output window, or writing to a file that I can monitor for messages?

Thanks

Mike

Re: How to enable STDOUT and STDERR

This is a windows restriction. You don’t get a stdout and stderr for GUI applications. If you use qDebug() instead of printf it will send output to the Visual Studio debugger if you connect to the process.

Re: How to enable STDOUT and STDERR

Hotka, Michael

Thanks.