How do I track down the culprits?

Hotka, Michael

Hello…

I am getting 4, sometimes 5 of these errors:

I was once told that these are because of something in my .cfg file.

I have tried to cut this and that out of a .cfg file associated with my plugin, but still get the errors after I recompile the entire plugin in QtCreator.

How do I go about tracking down the culprit lines in the .cfg file?

Mike

Re: How do I track down the culprits?

rgoffena

1)      Open Opticks solution, in Visual Studio.

2)      Open DataVariant.h, in Visual Studio.

3)      Place breakpoint on the verify macro, which prints “Invalid dv_cast when provided variant is of type “ .

4)      Select Debug->Start Debugging in Visual Studio, such that Opticks is started and your plugins are loaded.

5)      Wait for breakpoint to get hit.

6)      Look at call stack in Visual Studio.

Robert Goffena

Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.

2875 Presidential Dr. Fairborn, OH 45324-6269

Phone:  (937) 320-4096

Fax:  (937) 429-1687

Re: How do I track down the culprits?

To elaborate a little bit, the SETTINGS() macros create a few methods and one of these is throwing the message since the associated setting does not have a .cfg value. The VS debugger should place you in the appropriate macro if you follow the stack trace up a couple of levels. Once you locate the setting in question verify the appropriate cfg file contains the setting. If your setting macro looks like:

SETTING(InitialWidth, AnnotationImagePalette, int, 0);

Then your cfg should have an <attribute name=”InitialWidth” type=”int”> as a child of an <attribute name=”AnnotationImagePalette” type=”DynamicObject”>. Below is a complete .cfg for the above setting (and only that setting, you may have more than one in a single file)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>

<ConfigurationSettings xmlns="https://comet.balldayton.com/standards/namespaces/2005/v1/comet.xsd">

  <group name="settings" version="3">

    <attribute name="AnnotationImagePalette" type="DynamicObject" version="3">

      <attribute name="InitialWidth" type="int">

        <value>0</value>

      </attribute>

    </attribute>

   </group>

</ConfigurationSettings>

Finally, you can ensure you cfg is properly located by running Opticks with the /debugDeployment:true  (-debugDeployment:true on Linux) command line flag which will show you  what directories are checked for default settings. This will be the DefaultSettings folder in the parent folder of the opticks exe and the AdditionalDefaultPath in the debug deployment dialog. See http://opticks.org/docs/sdk/latest-stable/deploymentfiles.html for more information on setting this path.