Gsoc 2013 ideas

vishal tiwari
Hi,
I have been researching about the past years ideas, and have found the following ideas interesting:
Spectral Evaluation tool.
Lidar Algorithm development, i was mainly thinking about some kind of a classification but from my research i got to know its a tricky one to do and also as opticks doesn't have an import option for .las data yet.
And i also have an idea of my own. I was thinking about a haze removal algorithm that can be a project. I wanted to know about the scope of such an idea.
And i wanted to know about the projects ideas as well that will be proposed this year.

Thanks and Regards,
Vishal Tiwari
Undergraduate
Computer Science and Engineering
Lab for Spatial Informatics
IIIT-H, India

Re: Gsoc 2013 ideas

Do note that we have not updated this list for the year (dadkins and I have a meeting setup for tomorrow to do this) so the project ideas may not be applicable. Specifically, the LIDAR work is not easy to do this year. The current state of the code is usable but will be completely re-written later in the year so any work done over the summer will have a very short shelf life.