[GsoC] Lidar Projects

vishal tiwari
Hi,

I am Vishal, 3rd year CSE students at Lab for Spatial Informatics at International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad , India.
I was wondering if there was any room for creation of some kind of plugin/project for the import of lidar data, its visualization, and some kind of operations on it, like classification or etc. I would like to know about yours thoughts on such kind of a project.

Thanks,
Vishal Tiwari
Undergraduate
Computer Science and Engineering
Lab for Spatial Informatics
IIIT-H, India

Re: [GsoC] Lidar Projects

dadkins
Administrator

Vishal,

We did some LIDAR prototyping awhile back and are still interested in the type of project you are suggesting.

To get a better feel for what has been started for this effort, please see [1].

Thanks,

Dustan

[1] https://opticks.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opticks/branches/future/OPTICKS-1042 starting @ revision 13990

Re: [GsoC] Lidar Projects

It’s not a normal link, it’s a subversion repository. You need to go to the specified revision as the branch doesn’t exist in the current repo view.

I am Vishal, 3rd year CSE students at Lab for Spatial Informatics at International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad , India.

I was wondering if there was any room for creation of some kind of plugin/project for the import of lidar data, its visualization, and some kind of operations on it, like classification or etc. I would like to know about yours thoughts on such kind of a project.

Thanks,

Vishal Tiwari

Undergraduate

Computer Science and Engineering

Lab for Spatial Informatics

IIIT-H, India

This message and any enclosures are intended only for the addressee.  Please

notify the sender by email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you are

may be unlawful.  Ball reserves the right to monitor and review all messages

Re: [GsoC] Lidar Projects

vishal tiwari
When i go to this like :  https://opticks.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opticks/branches/future/ , i see all the folders as OPTICKS-****, in "opticks - Revision 17887: /branches/future" but there is no folder for OPTICKS-1042 as specified it the previous mail. How can i go to the specified revision. Do i need to do some kind of a checkout using svn?
Thanks,
Vishal

On 25 February 2013 20:12, Clarke, Trevor <[hidden email]> wrote:

It’s not a normal link, it’s a subversion repository. You need to go to the specified revision as the branch doesn’t exist in the current repo view.

Re: [GsoC] Lidar Projects

You can perform a checkout at that revision or if your subversion client support peg revisions, you can peg it at that revision. (the standard svn client supports peg revisions as does TortoiseSVN) In the Toritoise repo browser, click the button that says HEAD and change the revision. With the standard command line client, put @13990 at the end of the URL. If you use a different client, check its documentation for further information.

Re: [GsoC] Lidar Projects

vishal tiwari
I got it. Thanks for the help. :)