GSoC2014 Weekly report 2 - from 05-23-2014 to 05-30-2014

GSoC2014 Weekly report 2 - from 05-23-2014 to 05-30-2014

Roberta Ravanelli

Dear all,

you can find the second weekly report at the following link:

http://opticks.org/confluence/display/~roberta.ravanelli/Weekly+report+2%3A+from+05-23-2014+to+05-30-2014

I’ve begun to develop the Ransac class and I uploaded the code on the github repository (https://github.com/RobertaRavanelli/Opticks_GSoC2014/commit/4c5540f7be3162147cfbe706a26d62a70213f32a). The Plug-In has the Eigen library as additional dependency.

In the first part of the code (tutorial1.cpp) there is the code that generates statistics for the imported LiDAR point cloud.

So far the RANSAC algorithm isn't stable, it sometimes crashes and doesn’t find the inliers.

Next week I hope to resolve these problems and make the algorithm work.

I look forward to receive your suggestions and comments.

Best regards,

Roberta

Re: GSoC2014 Weekly report 2 - from 05-23-2014 to 05-30-2014

I built the plugin and tested it on some data I have and it seems to be running ok. I did have a  couple of build and execution issues. Here’s a summary and a patch to fix them.

The property sheets are using relative paths instead of the OPTICKS_CODE_DIR variable (which is the way we usually setup extensions). This means it won’t compile outside of an Opticks build tree.

The plugin is still called Tutorial1 and has the module and plugin names and IDs. This throws errors when you run the plugin with the standard tutorial module present. The patch changes the plug-in name, plug-in id, and module name but doesn’t rename the class (which you should eventually do). It also changes the menu location.

0001-Built-fixes.patch (12K) Download Attachment

Re: GSoC2014 Weekly report 2 - from 05-23-2014 to 05-30-2014

Roberta Ravanelli
Hi Trevor,
thank you for the patch.
I'll use it to fix the build issues.