[GSoC] Geographical coordinate points

Tom Van den Eynde
Hi

Concerning my GSoC project for Opticks, I've been able to create a new RasterElement using RasterUtilities::createRasterElement (similar to Tutorial 5). However I am unable to figure out how to add georeferencing points to it.

I can access geographical information via the convertPixelToGeocoord function. A LocationType element is obtained which has the geographical coordinates stored in mX, mY, mZ. However, these cannot be changed and no 'setGeoCoord' like function seems to be present.

How can I add new geographical coordinates to (pixels of) newly created images/rasterelements?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Tom

Re: [GSoC] Geographical coordinate points

In order to create georeferencing for a raster you need a georeferencing plugin. There are a couple of useful ones included with opticks already.

The Gcp Georeference plug-in takes a GCP list and performs a linear fit to the points. You’d create a new GcpList element, add gcp’s to it, and call the Gcp Georeference plugin with this list.

The other is the IGM Georeference plugin. This is a 1 to 1 mapping of pixels to geo coordinates if that information is already available. You’d create a new raster element of the same x-y size as the main raster (or load one from file if that is where the data is available) and pass that to the IGM Georeference plugin.