GSoC 2012 Weekly Report

Andrea Nascetti
Dear all,

I have completed my first weekly report for the project SAR Processing Tools - Geocoding and stereo measurement.
You can go through it by the following link
http://opticks.org/confluence/display/~a.nascetti/Weekly+Report

I look forward to recive your suggestion and comments.
Best regards,
Andrea

Re: GSoC 2012 Weekly Report

dadkins
Administrator
Andrea,

Some comments on your weekly report:

1. Bullet 2 in the bonding period section: what Linux distro are you
using? The SDK is bundled on Ubuntu 10 LTS, so that version should work.
Other versions are untested as far as I am aware (if anyone has used the
SDK on another Linux platform, please correct me!)

2. Bullet 4 in the bonding period section: a link to the github account
would be useful here.

3. Bullet 3 on the weekly status: Opticks has XmlReader and XmlWriter
classes which may be of use to you. Both are available through the SDK.
We also have XPath querying available through XQilla, see
QuickbirdIsd.cpp (in the Pictures module of the SDK) for an example.

--Dustan

I have completed my first weekly report for the project /SAR Processing
Tools - Geocoding and stereo measurement/.
You can go through it by the following link
http://opticks.org/confluence/display/~a.nascetti/Weekly+Report
http://opticks.org/confluence/display/~a.nascetti/Weekly+Report

I look forward to recive your suggestion and comments.
Best regards,
Andrea

------
Live Security Virtual Conference
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in
malware

Re: GSoC 2012 Weekly Report

1) Could you also provide more detail on what is not working with
debugging on Linux? Can you run with plug-ins that have debug info? Can
you run in a debugger (or attach to a running process)? Can you set
breakpoints?

I have completed my first weekly report for the project /SAR Processing
Tools - Geocoding and stereo measurement/.
You can go through it by the following link
http://opticks.org/confluence/display/~a.nascetti/Weekly+Report
http://opticks.org/confluence/display/~a.nascetti/Weekly+Report

I look forward to recive your suggestion and comments.
Best regards,
Andrea

------
Live Security Virtual Conference
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in
malware

This message and any enclosures are intended only for the addressee.
Please

notify the sender by email if you are not the intended recipient.  If
you are

not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disclose, or
distribute this

message or its contents or enclosures to any other person and any such
actions

may be unlawful.  Ball reserves the right to monitor and review all
messages

------
Live Security Virtual Conference
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in
malware

Re: GSoC 2012 Weekly Report

Andrea Nascetti
Dear Dustan, Trevor,

thank you very much for your answer and for your kind suggestions. I would like to share with you and with the Opticks community all my problems as well as my advances.

First, I am using Ubuntu 10.4 LTS. Since I am not really expert in debugging complex software I could have missed some important steps. The basic problem I have is that I am not able to use gdb to debug my code in Opticks. This means I also am not able to attach to a running process and, consequently, I can not set breakpoints. Can you please help me with some examples of how to proceed?
In addition, I would like to underline that using Windows I am perfectly capable of connecting Visual Studio to Opticks and to perform all the operations that I need to debug my code. By the way, I would like to practice and exercise myself in Linux environment and I care about ending up with a PlugIn that could be used also in Linux environment. Therefore, I would appreciate to solve this problem.

Then, I will provide the link to my github repository in my wikipage

Finally, I got the right way to use the XMLReader class thank to the example code that you suggested. I just implemented some Xpath queries (that I spotted in the Quickbird file) and they work properly. Originally (last week), I took a look at the XMLReader class but I was not able to understand its behaviour. In more details, I looked at the example code XmlRpcCallback.cpp (from line 100 onwards) and I assumed (and I was far from being right) that I could use the Xerces-C++ classes to solve my problem.
Eventually, the solution you suggest is much more comfortable and practical, and I really thank you for this hint.

I look forward to receive all your comments and feedback.
Kind regards,
Andrea Nascetti

Re: GSoC 2012 Weekly Report

dadkins
Administrator
I am happy to have helped. Feel free to ask further questions either
here or in #opticks on freenode.

--Dustan