First part of VS2010 is in

All,

The first part of the Visual Studio 2010 upgrade is in. Opticks and
open-source Spectral are compiling against Visual Studio 2010.  I am
still working on IDL and Python.

1) Checkout trunk/future to let's say C:\Opticks\Trunk
2) Make sure Java is installed on your system and added to the PATH
environment variable
3) Double-click on C:\Opticks\Trunk\Dependencies\dependencies.bat (This
will download all of the dependencies and unzip them to a 32\ and 64\
subfolder in this directory)
4) Set OPTICKSDEPENDENCIES environment variable to your checkout
directory of trunk\future\Dependencies (with the xample above
C:\Opticks\Trunk\Dependencies)
5) Open Opticks.sln (it hasn't moved, still
trunk\future\Code\application\Opticks.sln)
6) Build in Debug|Win32, Release|Win32, Debug|x64 or Release|x64 as
desired.

Let me know if you encounter any problems.

Currently, the Solaris and Linux build environments are broken.  I am
working additional branches to fix that before the 4.6.0 hard-lock date
(February 4th, 2011).  The nightly build system for Windows is also
currently broken at the moment.

If any plug-in developers want me to create an early installer or SDK
off the current trunk, let me know and I can put one up for those that
want to get a head-start.

Re: First part of VS2010 is in

I noticed that in debug x64, I have plans to fix next week by building a
different version of the ehs dependency.  Don't build that plug-in for
now.

Re: First part of VS2010 is in

Sorry, wasn't specific enough, don't build the XmlRpc project in the
meantime.

I noticed that in debug x64, I have plans to fix next week by building a
different version of the ehs dependency.  Don't build that plug-in for
now.

Re: First part of VS2010 is in

dadkins
The color scheme in VS 2010 is quite different from the one in 2005. If
you want to modify the theme, there is an add-on for that. See
http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/20cd93a2-c435-4d00-a797-49
9f16402378/ for more details.

--Dustan

Re: First part of VS2010 is in

For building Spectral:

1) Checkout trunk/future to let's say C:\Opticks\SpectralTrunk
2) Make sure Java is installed on your system and added to the PATH
environment variable
3) Double-click on C:\Opticks\SpectralTrunk\Dependencies (This will
download all of the dependencies and unzip them to a 32\ and 64\
subfolder in this directory)
4) Set SPECTRALDEPENDENCIES environment variable to your checkout
directory of trunk\future\Dependencies (with the example above,
C:\Opticks\SpectralTrunk\Dependencies)
5) Set OPTICKS_CODE_DIR environment variable to either a Opticks SDK or
a build Opticks checkout (this hasn't changed)
5) Open Spectral.sln (it hasn't moved)