A problem about Opticks software

Yiwei Zhang
Hi,

I noticed a problem when running Opticks application on my windows XP machine. If I increase the "Hardware Acceleration percentage" in the Display Settings, the application would fail to start up and crash.

This problem occurs for all the versions of Opticks. I am wondering if it is related to my ATI FireGL V3100 Display Adapter?

Thanks!

Re: A problem about Opticks software

This is likely the problem…we don’t support ATI cards and there is at least one known problem with certain ATI cards which causes a crash. The problem is with the text rendering code which draws pixel values, etc. in the main display.

I noticed a problem when running Opticks application on my windows XP machine. If I increase the "Hardware Acceleration percentage" in the Display Settings, the application would fail to start up and crash.

This problem occurs for all the versions of Opticks. I am wondering if it is related to my ATI FireGL V3100 Display Adapter?

Thanks!

Re: A problem about Opticks software

Yiwei,

I believe the problem is in ViewImp::renderText.  However, I don't have
access to many ATI cards, so I haven't been able to run this down yet
and I believe the problem became a crash with the latest upgrade to Qt.

Since you have access to an ATI card, any work you could do would be
much appreciated.  Even if it's only confirming that making that
function a no-op fixes the crash.

I noticed a problem when running Opticks application on my windows XP
machine. If I increase the "Hardware Acceleration percentage" in the
Display Settings, the application would fail to start up and crash.

This problem occurs for all the versions of Opticks. I am wondering if
it is related to my ATI FireGL V3100 Display Adapter?

Thanks!

This message and any enclosures are intended only for the addressee.
Please
notify the sender by email if you are not the intended recipient.  If
you are
not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disclose, or
distribute this
message or its contents or enclosures to any other person and any such
actions
may be unlawful.  Ball reserves the right to monitor and review all
messages